our story. our promises
WHY BOË STARTED
What is it about Boë? Boë was founded because of the founder’s wife, is suffering from Rosacea, has allergy for fragrances, is Multi Chemical Sensitive (MCS) and in general has a sensitive skin. So, he wanted to develop high quality self tan products that his wife, risk freely, could use, and that with ease would create her a naturally healthy and well-groomed look
– because she couldn’t find any self tan products elsewhere, that suited her needs and that she could use.
And that was why Boë started and what we’re about
– and why, among other things, all of Boë’s products are fragrance free.
Typically, intolerances develop over time, which can trigger and create sudden allergic reactions. Our “job” at Boë, is to offer you the very (very) best skincare products for your skin and health – and one of the ways to do it, is to stay fragrance free where you can – and this counts for natural as well as chemical fragrances.
We believe that you, and others, are much better off with a single favorite fragrance – if you have any – while we take care of your skin, fragrance free.
WE’LL LIKE TO GIVE YOU A PROMISE
We’ll promise you, that whenever Boë is bringing a new product to the market
– it’s a product, that’s made and aims to be the very best skincare product in its category.
No short cuts. Only striving for producing the very best products in its category.
AS A DANISH SKINCARE COMPANY, FOUNDED BY DANES
– we’ve defined a set of rules, which is our promises to you – in line with the “Dogme 95 Manifesto” (created by the Danish directors Lars von Trier and Thomas Vinterberg). The Dogme 95 Manifesto were rules made to create films based on and about the traditional values of story, acting and theme. Masterpieces such as Festen, The Idiots, Mifune’s Last Song, Italian for Beginners, etc., were made upon this set of rules.
BOË’S SET OF RULES
– and our promises to you are:
- Every product aims to be the best in their category
- Made for a sensitive skin
- Natural and healthy in look as well as in quality
THE CONSEQUENCES OF OUR OPT-IN & OUTS ARE AMONG OTHERS
– That our self tan products build on extra small particles, that transport the melanin activating ingredients to the deeper layers in the skin. This is why your tan activation happens from the deep layers in the skin and your tanning color is natural and long lasting.
– Without fragrances, your skin doesn’t absorb allergens, why it doesn’t develop intolerances over time.
– You will not find any endocrine disruptors in our products – why all Boë-products always will be safe and well-suited to use for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
– We don’t add color to our self tan products; the tanning color you get is your natural tanning color.
– All of our products, including sunscreen, are free of endocrine disrupters.
– The sunscreen products are with physical/mineral based SPF-filters. This is filters that stay on the surface of the skin, where it reflects and protects the harmful UV-rays (on the contrary to most EU/US-approved SPF-products, which contain endocrine disruptors, fragrances, and chemical sunscreen filters. The aforementioned is absorbed and contained in the skin for a long time, as sunscreen products are ‘leave-on’ products).
– Level of active ingredients are as high as what a well-balanced product can contain.
– We match the highest possible quality in every category; and try to make the best product in the category – even better.
– We don’t use Vitamin A.
– Our products are easy to use, and we try to avoid over-complicated high-quality skincare and routines. Less is more.
– We are about creating easy to use, easy to learn and easy to maintain skincare routines. All within our “Dogme Skincare Rules” – that guarantee you skincare of highest possible quality.
– together we can create – democracy of deluxe – in skincare